Thursday, 28 October 2010

My New Guitar Heroes- Avi Buffalo & Connan Mockasin

I miss guitar solos. Luckily, bands like Avi Buffalo and artists like Connan Mockasin are bringing guitar artistry BACK. Not necessarily in the form of epic twin-guitar solos and the like, more in the prominent placing of melodic guitar parts in their arrangements.

Here is a video of Connan Mockasin playing 'Choade My Dear', from his debut album released earlier this year.


He used to front the band Connan & The Mockasins, who were brilliant. Like Hendrix appearing on Sesame Street. Watch the video here for 'Sneaky Sneaky Dogfriend'. How this didn't get to number one I will never know.

Here is another Connan 'joint' from said debut album (Please Turn Me Into The Snat). It's called 'Faking Jazz Together':


I saw Avi Buffalo at The Green Man Festival in August and I knew I had witnessed a guitar HERO in the making. Their debut album is a thing of wonder. Here is the song 'Five Little Sluts'. Oo Err:

No comments:

Post a Comment